Child care services are available for a two-hour maximum for the children of parents who are working out at EastSide Centre. The child care room is open to children age 3 ½ months through 12 years.
Child Care Hours beginning June 1st:
- Monday – 8:15 a.m.-11:30 a.m. AND 4:15 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday – 8:15 a.m.-10:30 a.m. AND 4:15 p.m.-6:45 p.m.
- Wednesday – 8:15 a.m.-11:30 a.m. AND 4:15 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Thursday – 8:15 a.m.-10:30 a.m. AND 4:45 p.m.-6:45 p.m.
- Friday – 8:15 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Saturday 8:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Times may change due to usage or need.
- No fee for Family, Couple or Individual memberships
- $3 per child per visit for non-members
Signing In and Out of Child Care
Parents will be asked to sign each child into child care, using EastSide Centre tracking sheets, with the name of the child, the date, child’s age, time in and signature. In addition, some sort of identification (EastSide membership card, ID card, driver’s license, etc.) must be left with the staff. When a parent finishes their workout and returns for their child, the child must be signed out and the ID will be returned. This is to ensure the safety of the children.
Note: Any DCFS-licensed daycare provider is prohibited from leaving children under their care with EastSide child care.
- Parents must be on the premises and readily available to the staff at ALL times while children are in child care.
- Bring the child with a freshly changed diaper. The staff is NOT permitted to change diapers. If a child’s diaper needs to be changed, the parent will be paged to come and do it.
- Children with runny noses, fever, coughs, colds, questionable rashes or other contagious diseases will not be allowed into the child care room until ALL symptoms are gone.
- For health and safety reasons, no food or drinks are allowed into the child care room, except infant bottles or spill-proof cups for toddlers. Everything should be marked clearly with the child’s name.
- So as not to upset other children, a parent will be asked to remove their child from child care if the child continues to cry for more than a 15-minute period of time. This will be necessary only when the staff has exhausted all efforts to comfort the child.
- A parent may be interrupted and pulled from their workout if the child is misbehaving and not obeying the child care staff. Any child who continues to be a behavioral problem will not be allowed to use the child care room in the future.
- Children are to wash their hands upon entering and leaving the child care area.
- EastSide Centre child care staff are not licensed day care providers. They have, however, undergone employment and police background checks to ensure the safety of the children.
Members who operate a non-DCFS-licensed daycare may bring the daycare children to babysitting. If the daycare child is a member, there is no cost. If the daycare child is not a member, the fee is $3.